Monday, November 10, 2014

The New Token of Love

To advise is heck easier than following. Agree! And I am not here to advice, relax folks!

The other day I was organizing my kitchen and thought of something utterly weird, “why not eliminate the bad and retain only the good?”  My heart ached to name the stuff I love as, “bad” and those who know me closely, also know my weakness for chocolates, cakes and ice-creams.

I’m a huge fan of Louise Hay, but the only thing that I couldn't agree completely was her ideology about food.  She insisted on eating healthy, picked fresh from Nature. But for me food is something that you love to eat and that makes you happy. There’s no categorization of healthy and unhealthy. 

But things changed that day…Unlike other days, when I always encountered the dilemma - “to eat or not to eat”, today was different. I realized what I eat should nourish my body and not harm it. In fact, I can never think of harming my body with my most idiotic cravings for sugar laden stuff.

I took out those items which once enjoyed the status of heavenly delights from the fridge and placed them like centrepieces on the dining table and did the final talking, “from now on, here you stay and not in my stomach”.  Phew! I felt good. I felt light.  And trust me, I have gotten over the habit of popping a chocolate or a piece of cake or an ice cream slice after meals.

To be honest, I still get the cravings but I know how to overcome them. That’s the art and I share the credit with my husband too. The best part- he has stopped spoiling me with Dairy milk bars and Baskin Robbins’ choco chips ice creams. A bag full of apples, oranges, pomegranates, and limes is the new token of love from him. 

How sweet and healthy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment